Monday, January 01, 2007

Vowing to Improve

New year, new life. Life is all about having second (and third, fourth, fifth….) chances, and many see the 1st of January as a great day to start over again.

I hope that couples, especially married ones, espouse this outlook in life. Every relationship is bound to pass through rocky roads. Unfortunately, many see this challenge as an excuse to take a detour towards divorce.

Divorce records are piling up throughout the country. Many couples are just not fighting hard to keep their bonds from being severed.

Marriage is supposed to give a sense of permanence. I guess it’s already obvious that such goal or effect is definitely not evident in this part of the globe. Many American couples are even more concerned over the construction of their pre-nuptial agreements than the meaning of their vows. I hope that people would stop treating marriage or weddings as mere legal processes.

No comments: