Friday, January 05, 2007

Pacing Myself

While everybody in the office has been lobbying for people search tasks these past few days, James had no qualms when he was asked if he could process several vital records for the rest of the month.

James will be starting the year with sad and traumatic separation tales coming from 21 divorce records. The stories might even get more depressing by February when he’ll be sorting our 32 death records.

I’m glad I didn’t get that assignment. I started the year with a big court and property record search assignment. I think my boss got the impression that my home also serves as the records warehouse of the county court since he threw 15 more court records search assignments to me.

I wanted to impress him by processing all records by Monday. However, I’m afraid that I’ll suffer an early burn out if I’ll do that. The last thing that I need to start year is a burnt spark plug.

No comments: