Aunt Marge recently introduced me to a distant cousin of mine from Germany. It wasn’t our first time to talk to each other, though. We’ve already exchanged a few instant messages since November of last year.
I remember being quite skeptical when I first received a message from him on my e-mail. He introduced himself as being a relative from my mom’s side. He was quite thrifty when it comes to providing details. He didn’t even give me his last name!
I became even more suspicious when he started asking me questions regarding the retrieval of marriage records on the Internet. I thought that he was just some stranger who stumbled upon my blog and wanted to learn more about searching for vital records online.
I called up my parents a few days after receiving Jurgen’s mail. It turned out that he was indeed a relative of ours. I immediately e-mailed him the next day and apologized for responding late. We became occasional chat-mates ever since.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment