What is the best evidence that could prove a person’s death?
I’m sure many of you would say that a death certificate would put to rest any suspicion as to whether or not a certain person is still alive. I agree with the majority on this. Indeed, even the courts would forego with lengthy eyewitness accounts about a person’s demise if it is shown a verified copy of the deceased’s death certificate.
However, there are times when death records do not conclusively prove that a person has already passed away. Believe it or not, there are documented cases where the person who was supposed to be dead appeared in the probate proceeding which was constituted to determine the amount of property that each of his heirs should receive.
I’m not saying that you receive or look at death certificates with a doubting mind. My point is, do not accept anything as gospel truths. If you’re confronted with any vital record, make sure that it is authentic and that the facts or claims stated therein are very likely to be true.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment