I watched a re-run of 7th Heaven last week. I think I’ve already told you before that it’s one my of favorite TV shows.
The episode that I saw last Friday was about the struggles of two teenage boys who were separated from their mom because the latter had drug and drinking problems. Reverend Camden tried to reunite them, but the mother refused to take responsibility of her sons.
One of the solutions that Rev. Camden thought of was to send the two boys for adoption. However, their mother didn’t want to relinquish her rights over them.
It’s very crushing to see situations or problems such as the one presented in that episode of 7th Heaven. I’m sure that the story was based on an actual one, as many of the program’s episodes are. That’s one of the reasons why I’m quite hesitant when I’m asked to go through adoption records for a study or report. I usually make the lame excuse that the records are sealed. However, I’m fully aware of the fact that closed adoption files can be unsealed.
I wish every adopted child the best this Christmas season.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment