It’s Saturday again tomorrow. While some of my officemates would be heading out to the lake to learn fishing, I’ll be stuck in my garage to supervise its renovation. The two carpenters that I’ve hired weren’t able to finish the shelves last week, so they’ll be back tomorrow for the final touches.
My dad loves pocketbooks, so I guess you already know what those shelves are for. I tried reading one novel from his cold war selections. I haven’t finished it yet, but I’m enjoying it so far.
The author of the book I’m reading has a penchant for using the word “infidel.” I already counted 27, and I’m not even halfway through the novel.
An infidel in the former Soviet Union means a traitor, while an infidel here in the United States usually refers to a cheating spouse. The word may bear different meanings, but the process or means of catching a Soviet or American infidel nowadays is basically the same.
While catching a cheating spouse requires some of Ian Fleming’s ideas, it absolutely doesn’t require the use of a revolver. The end product of your sleuthing should be a divorce record (that is, if you caught him or her cheating), not an arrest warrant.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment