Friday, December 08, 2006

Finding the Womb

I recently met an old high school friend at the airport. I was leaving for Portland at that time, while he was going to visit his parents in Dallas.

Fred showed me a few pictures of his wife and two lovely daughters that were taken on his cell phone. I asked him about his holiday plans, and he said that they’ll be spending it with his parents in Dallas. I told him that they should spend the New Year with his wife’s parents to even things up. Unfortunately, he doesn’t know where they are.

Deborah (Fred’s wife) was just adopted by her present parents when she was just 2 years old. While he wants to find out who her real parents and relatives are, Debbie seems to be hesitant in tracking them down. I told him that it would be hard to through with the undertaking without his wife’s cooperation, especially since adoption records are sealed.

I sure wish that we could’ve talked for a few more hours, but his flight was already called for boarding. Before we parted though, I gave him some quick tips on how to be able to check adoption records even if they are sealed. I hope that Debbie would cooperate with Fred. I’m sure every adopted person is curious as to the identity and whereabouts of his or her parents.

No comments: