Paul called me up a few days ago to ask if I wanted to watch his daughter’s soccer game. Being a rabid fan of football (soccer, I know), I happily obliged.
Lizzy plays midfield. She kicks hard and runs fast, but her stamina usually betrays her midway during the second half. She’s quite big for her age, but her opponents still outsize her. They even seem quite old to be enrolled in middle school.
Anyway, Lizzy’s team lost. Paul said that she takes defeats lightly. However, I heard her complain that some of the opposing team’s players are already over-aged.
I didn’t want to meddle, and I certainly wanted to give the other team the benefit of the doubt. However, I still told Paul that he should try checking out the vital records of Lizzy’s opponents, such as their birth records, in order to determine once and for all if the other team played fair or not.
I still haven’t heard from him about it.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment