Monday, November 20, 2006

Cloning

Are you fond of watching Arnold Schwarzenegger movies? Many say that the California governor acts like a cyborg or clone. Well, if I’m not mistaken, I think he did play the role of a clone or cyborg in one of his countless movies.

Cloning is a staple in sci-fi movies. The genre is replete with titles where humans or animals are being cloned in order to spy on their subjects or enemies. While present-day scientists have already cloned a sheep, I think it would still be quite some time before I can see my artificial twin.

There is another kind of cloning that is going on today that is more irritating and damaging than seeing a double of yourself kissing your spouse and playing with your dog.

Identity theft is becoming rampant, and the authorities are having a hard time curbing it. This kind of cloning robs you of critical personal information that are usually contained in various vital records, such as birth certificates. These data can be used to purchase things or consummate various kinds of transactions online! So be very careful when opening up to people. Who knows, you might find a clone of yourself buying things at e-Bay.

No comments: