Call me a hopeless romantic, but I’m one of those who espouse the belief or position that marriages should last longer than diamonds. It’s true that marital discords can’t be avoided, but the dissolution of the bond should not be the logical conclusion or remedy for such problems.
I’m quite disturbed by the fact that many spouses are too quick to jump the gun whenever they are beset with problems or disagreements. While some of the divorce decrees that I’ve read have cited justifiable grounds in dissolving the marriage, many have just based their decision on dubious grounds.
Spouses should read these vital records in order to forestall any similar event or conflict that might lead them to contemplate on having a divorce. The couples have started out with much love and hope for each other when they gave their vows on their wedding day. I believe that such affection can still be rekindled if the parties are given the chance to explore other avenues to resolve their differences.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment