Monday, February 12, 2007

Pointless Refusal

I was supposed to go through several adoption records last night for my report on Wednesday. However, I failed to process a single file because I got so absorbed in my chat with a person I met online who’s a rabid Celtic fan. So much for the early finish that I was hoping for on my vital records assignment.

I guess I’ve already told you several times before that I’m a die-hard Laker supporter. You might be guessing then that we were throwing expletives at each other during our 3-hour chat. We didn’t. Instead, we relived the 80s where both our teams were dominating the NBA.

Our trip down memory lane got interrupted when I received an e-mail from an officemate, reminding me of the preliminary report that I should be submitting the next day. A client of ours wants to know if his nephew is an adopted child or not. The boy’s parents refused to give us any detail. I don’t know why they’re withholding such information from us. They know that we’re going find it out sooner or later.

No comments: