Are you fond of using Yahoo! Messenger, or Windows Messenger? I love chatting with people I do not know, especially if they’re from another country. I learn a lot of things about people and culture through online chat networks.
Several years ago, I got close with one of my chatmates from Hong Kong. Her name is Jennifer Hwang. We’ve been chatting for about a year then. In one of our conversations, she asked me if I wanted to take a vacation in their country. Although I had no immediate plans of going to that part of the world, I still said yes because I really did want to see Victoria Harbor.
She offered to be my tour guide. I thought that was great considering that I don’t know anybody in Hong Kong. However, I only half-heartedly considered her offer. Even though we’ve been chatting for quite some time then, I still had doubts as to her identity. Years have passed and I didn’t push through with the vacation plan. I guess I should’ve just checked some of her vital records, such as her birth certificate, to see if she was really telling the truth about herself.
Well, I guess it’s too late for that. She already migrated to Canada.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment