Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Honesty Needs a Policy

In a world where a man’s word or claim is just as good as that of another’s, the need and importance of evidence can never be sufficiently stressed. You should always have something that can back your words up.

The same thing is true with regard to your identity. Unless you’re a celebrity where everybody recognizes you despite layers of disguises, you can’t expect to process or consummate a transaction without showing any proof of your identity.

IDs, birth certificates, social security data, and other vital records have made transacting convenient and safe. Without it, fraud would be rampant.

Hey, I could be Michael Jackson if I want to without those vital records to prove me otherwise. Just imagine life without them. It would simply be chaotic. But then again, it might be great. Without my birth certificate, I could easily claim that I’m still in my early 20s. Unfortunately though, nature has a way of showing that you’re lying about your age. If only I had more hair…

No comments: